Originally created in 1950 by Russell Spanner, the Lounge Chair with Arms has become a classic of Canadian Mid-Century Modern furniture design. Out of production for more than 50 years, Gus* worked in collaboration with the Spanner family to revive this iconic chair, carefully matching the construction, materials, and design details to stay true to the original in every way. The seat is woven strapping, and the frame is solid birch with exposed bolts and finger-joint details. Like the original, the Lounge Chair with Arms is built in Toronto and available in a variety of finishes. To commemorate the return of this design classic, the first 100 chairs produced will be part of a numbered, limited edition series.
- Designed in 1950 by Russell Spanner.
- Frame is constructed with solid birch and curved birch plywood components.
- Finger-joint and dowel-joint construction.
- Woven-web seat material is 100% cotton strapping.
- Tapered legs are attached to seat with exposed carriage bolts.
- Available in 4 finish options: Light Birch/Red Webbing, Light Birch/Green Webbing, Dark Birch/Red Webbing, & Dark Birch/Green Webbing.
- Wood is a natural material, with variations in grain pattern and colour that make each design unique.
- Product colours may vary slightly from those shown on your display. Visit Gus* Modern retailer to preview samples of fabric and finish options.
Professional delivery and installation is available for every product we sell. We would be happy to coordinate delivery and installation for you.
Extended warranties are usually very inexpensive and can save you thousands in the future.
It's simple and inexpensive to purchase extended warranties and one of the smartest ways to protect your investment.
can be large, heavy and expensive. You probably don't have the special tools or expertise needed to fix them in a crisis. If you can spare a few thousand dollars without batting an eyelash for new
should they break tomorrow, don't buy a warranty. But if you're like most of us, protect yourself by purchasing inexpensive extended warranties when you buy a new product and save yourself big money in the long run.